[argyllcms] Re: VS-2010 Express project file for compiling ArgyllCMS in Windows?

  • From: János, Tóth F. <janos666@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 04:41:46 +0200

Ahh, well. After some testing, I found that ICL14 colprof builds are
actually a little bit slower than the official GCC build.
I tried with different optimization settings and they didn't really change
much except that some of them breaks some functionality (while the USB
problem is unrelated and persistent).

For a printer Lab LUT profile generation at high quality, the shaper curve
and A2B table generation are notably faster while the B2A table generation
is slightly slower. So they are almost equal at this quality level, but the
ICL14 build looses with ultra (or my custom 65^3) setting since the B2A
table generation is the most time consuming part of the output profile
generation.

I didn't try to make use of the compiler suggestions (mostly possible
parallelization advices), though. That could probably change the game. But
ICL14 alone, with the code as it is, doesn't seem to improve the
performance (only cause some problems).