[argyllcms] Re: V1.1.0 Perseptual rending Qst

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 01:22:30 +1100

Nikolay Pokhilchenko wrote:
I was unable to do any realistic printer profile by scanner reading with
LUT-based
scanner profile. The better (but not good) results I've got only with XYZ
matrix&gamma
scanner profile.

It might depend on the scanner calibration chart. The best results I got with
using a scanner as an instrument substitute was to create a custom scanner
chart using the printer of 400 - 1000 points, measure it with an instrument,
and then create a cLUT base scanner profile. This would only be of practical
use of course, if one has access to an instrument to create the scanner test
chart.