[argyllcms] Re: V0.70 Beta 3 Mac OSX bus error

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 21:03:30 +1000

Andrej Javoršek wrote:
I can observe same problem on G5 iMac with 10.4.9 and it doesn't matter if I use pre-compiled or self compiled binaries.
How to enable debugging?

The best way of providing some more detailed information is:

Turn off optimization, and turn on debugging symbols in the
spectro/Jamfile, ie:

Change this
        CCFLAGS     += $(CCOPTFLAG) ;       # Turn optimisation on
        #CCFLAGS    += $(CCDEBUGFLAG) ;     # Debugging flags

to this
        #CCFLAGS     += $(CCOPTFLAG) ;       # Turn optimisation on
        CCFLAGS    += $(CCDEBUGFLAG) ;     # Debugging flags

Change spectro/dispwin.c line 55 from this
        #undef DEBUG
to this:
        #define DEBUG

and recompile the spectro directory - ie;
        rm *.o
        jam

Run dispwin using the debugger, and get a backtrace at the
point it fails - ie:

        gdb dispwin
(gdb)   run

on crash:

(gdb)   bt

to quit:

(gdb)   quit

And relay the debug messages and the backtrace.

thanks,