[argyllcms] Re: V0.70 Beta 3 Mac OSX bus error

  • From: Andrej Javoršek <Andrej.Javorsek@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 11:39:28 +0200

Hello!
I can observe same problem on G5 iMac with 10.4.9 and it doesn't matter if I use pre-compiled or self compiled binaries.
How to enable debugging?

Andrej Javorsek

On 2007.4.20, at 4:01, Graeme Gill wrote:

But I'm haveing problem with all display utilities (dispcal, dispwin, dispread). I'm geting bus error when I run any of them (with or without instrument).
Read a Display, Version 0.70 (BETA3)
Author: Graeme W. Gill, licensed under the GPL
Diagnostic: Too few arguments
usage: dispread [options] outfile
-v              Verbose mode
-d n Choose the display from the following list (default 1)

Hmm. That gives a hint as to the location of the problem,
in enumerating all the displays.

Bus error
I can observe same problem with V0.60 but not with (I believe) V0.5x
I'm running Intel based MacBook Pro with Mac OSX 10.4.9

Did you compile from the source, or are you running the PPC binaries ?

Unfortunately I don't have an intel based Mac, so I'm not in a good
position to track the problem down. I've also had a great deal of
trouble with compiler optimizer bugs on the PPC Mac, so it's either
something like that, or a platform difference between PPC 10.3 and Intel 10.4.9
in the area of locating all the displays that uncovers a latent
bug. The relevant code is in spectro/dispwin.c starting at
line 196. Are you able to enable debugging in this file and recompile,
and if so, what does the output look like ?