[argyllcms] Re: Using chartread and Colormunki

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 11:56:57 +1000

man-d wrote:

> I'm not sure if I'm doing things right as I do not get any result. I let
> the instrument read the strip and press "d" for done.
> The chartread answer : "Done ? - At least one unread patch (A1), Are you
> sure [y/n]:".
> Finally I tried "y" to see if I can get strip B. I got :
> "munki_simulate_event:
> terminate switch thread failed, canceling I/O"

Hi,
        the general instructions for using strip instruments are
here <http://www.argyllcms.com/doc/instruments.html#strip>.

Check that you have the system bell enabled. Note that on MSWin Vista or
above, this means that you need to have a sound system of some sort,
since MS doesn't use the motherboard speaker anymore.
You can test the bell using "dispwin -r".

At the end of each strip you will be prompted by the bell and the
terminal text. If a strip read is successful, then simply proceed
to the next strip being prompted. You use "d" at the very end,
when the whole chart is done.