[argyllcms] Re: Using Argyll to pull L*a*b vals from DTP41

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kmuldoon@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 17:12:44 +1100

Kevin Muldoon wrote:

I'm searching for a way to use argyll to simply interface with my
DTP41 and write out lab values retrieved from a custom strip. The
strip is actually a modified IT8 print target (some extra patches at
the end). Any suggestions? It would be my first Argyll project.

It depends if you are looking to produce a one off, or a
software solution. For a one off, the easiest thing is
to create a .ti2 file by hand and use chartread.
The .ti3 file is pretty easy to process after that.
One way of doing this is to use targen & tarprint to
create a similar geometry target, and then
modify it manually to suite. The file ref/FograStrip.ti2
provided with Argyll is an example of this type of thing.

If you want to programmatic solution, then you need to
link with the instrument access library. The primary
interface is declared in spectro/inst.h
Take a look through spectro/spotread.c and spectro/chartread.c for
some idea on how to make use of it. Please take note
of the GNU license for the code if this is anything other
than an private project.

cheers,