[argyllcms] Re: Use of DTP-22 digital swatchbook with Argyll CMS

  • From: Gerhard Fuernkranz <nospam456@xxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2007 02:03:33 +0100

Graeme Gill wrote:
> I understand that the DT22 has quite reasonable accuracy (it
> seems to be based on the same "rotating filter" technology
> as the X-Rite DTP41 series of instruments),

You make me curious. Do you know, how X-Rite's DRS (Dynamic Rotational
Sampling?) spectral engine basically works? I asked Google, and "DRS" is
mentioned in many product brochures and descriptions, but I did not find
a technical description or white paper of the technology. Does it mean,
that these are filter spectrometers, and not based on a grating and a
photo diode array?

Regards,
Gerhard