[argyllcms] Re: Use of DTP-22 digital swatchbook with Argyll CMS

  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2007 11:48:35 +1300

On Thu, 2007-01-04 at 09:20 +1100, Graeme Gill wrote:
> The DTP22 is rather an old instrument, and is not very suitable
> for measuring the large number of patches needed to make output
> device profiles. It's not something I'd recommend buying, unless
> it's going for a song, and you don't mind trading lots of work
> every time you want to profile, for not spending much on an instrument.

The main reason I was thinking of getting the DTP22 Digital Swatchbook
is because it seems to be widely supported and so I thought it would be
easier to deal with. For instance, it is supported by the Onyx RIP I
use.

I could instead get one of those new Colorvision Spyder systems, but it
is not supported by my Onyx RIP so I would have to import the data
through a text file, and I was also unsure about whether it will ever be
supported in Argyll (which I would also like to be able to use).

Is the only problem with the DTP22 the speed of taking measurements, or
is it also not as accurate as the newer instruments? Is there any
particular instrument that you would recommend?

--
Mario Becroft <list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>