[argyllcms] Use of DTP-22 digital swatchbook with Argyll CMS

  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2007 21:28:16 +1300

Hi there,

I am new to the mailing list. I noticed a recent message in the archives
from Graeme Gill mentioning that he has been able to get the DTP-22
digital swatchbook spectrophotometer device working directly with Argyll
but possibly with a caveat concerning the use of an internal switch.

I am thinking of buying this device so I am curious to know exactly what
the problem with the switch is and whether it will in fact be possible
to use this device directly with Argyll CMS.

Elsewhere on the web people have mentioned that a password may have to
be sent to the DTP-22 before it will respond with the spectral data. Is
this a problem and should I check whether the DTP-22 device has such a
password before buying it? Presumably without knowing the password it
would not be possible to use the device.

I intend to use the device, possibly with Argyll CMS, to produce
profiles for my inkjet printers (Epson and HP models).

I did have a quick look a the Argyll CMS source code, but could find no
mention of the DTP-22. Perhaps this feature is too new to be in the
release version.

Any pointers will be greatly appreciated, and I hope this is not too
off-topic for the list.

Regards,

--
Mario Becroft <list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>