[argyllcms] Re: Use ColorMunki to get backdrop colour

  • From: Nikolay Pokhilchenko <nikolay_po@xxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2015 13:06:33 +0300

 Do "spotread". Use "D50 Lab" value from spotread printout.
Then convert the Lab value from previous step by icclu:

icclu -ir -pl -fb -s255 sRGB.icm

In command prompt after starting the icclu above enter the Lab numbers with
spaces between and press Enter. You'll got something like:

60.277056 3.506948 23.056526 [Lab] -> MatrixBwd -> 162.273800 142.406134
104.619513 [RGB]

where the last three numbers are RGB values in 0.255 scale.
As soon as the profile of printing lab is D50 referenced both softproof of
image and your wall color will be correctly displayed relatively on your
display.

Sun, 28 Dec 2014 22:43:48 +0100 от Christian Mayer <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>Hi,
>
>I want to edit a photograph on my computer and see / simulate how that
>picture will look on my coloured wall.
>
>I do have a profile of my screen (not calibrated, as I think that I
>don't need that) as well as a ICC from the photo printing lab for a soft
>proof.
>
>But how can I use my spectrograph (ColorMunki Photo) to read the colour
>of my wall to create a sRGB(*) colour in R, G and B values out of that,
>so that I can use e.g. Gimp for a preview of how that picture will look
>on my wall?
>
>Thanks,
>Christian
>
>--
>PS: I guess sRGB would be the easiest as the print gamut will fit in it

Николай Похильченко