[argyllcms] Use ColorMunki to get backdrop colour

  • From: Christian Mayer <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2014 22:43:48 +0100

Hi,

I want to edit a photograph on my computer and see / simulate how that
picture will look on my coloured wall.

I do have a profile of my screen (not calibrated, as I think that I
don't need that) as well as a ICC from the photo printing lab for a soft
proof.

But how can I use my spectrograph (ColorMunki Photo) to read the colour
of my wall to create a sRGB(*) colour in R, G and B values out of that,
so that I can use e.g. Gimp for a preview of how that picture will look
on my wall?

Thanks,
Christian

--
PS: I guess sRGB would be the easiest as the print gamut will fit in it