[argyllcms] Re: Updates.

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2014 13:30:06 +1000

s s wrote:
> Yes I understand about your web site.
>
> What I am asking about is your Beta updates, like for the K10-A Beta 1.7.
>
> That kind of update, I can't find on your web page.
> Yes I saw you posted on AVS when you realest the Beta 1.7 update.

Hi,
        Alpha code is typically available only as source from
<http://www.argyllcms.com/Argyll_dev_src.zip> - I'm not going
to build a full binary release set for code that is under development,
and those qualified to build it from source will typically be prepared
to cope with Alpha quality issues.

From time to time I may make available selective binaries built
from development code that I've tested more extensively. Typically
I announce them in an appropriate forum, and they remain available
until the next official release.

The code that supports the K10-A for instance, had some problems
with profile generation, and was aimed at Video calibration/profiling,
hence was only display measurement tools for MSWin, didn't
include any profile building or other tools, and was announced on
AVS.