[argyllcms] Re: Understanding COLLINK

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 03 May 2012 10:00:57 +1000

dimitrije zivkovic wrote:
> Only one more question.
> The profile that I get with collink I can't use when print picture? Am I
> right?
> only to covert in with Argyll command

Hi,
        it really depends on the type of workflow you have. Some workflows
may be able to use device links (device links are ideal for proofing workflows
for instance), but it depends on the tools you have available.

If you have a CMYK printer profile, then you must have some sort of
CMYK print path. If you use the device link to convert from US web coated
to your printer (using cctiff or Photoshop etc.), then you should be
able to print it using the same settings you used when printing
the test chart you used to make the printer profile.
(ie. you use the device link to convert the image to native
 printer colorspace, and then send it to the printer.)