[argyllcms] Re: UV-cut or not?

  • From: Daniel Pfeiffer <daniel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2014 19:17:31 +0100

Hi Lars-Daniel

Depends on what substrate you work with.
I own both versions. With- and without UV-Filter.

On uncoatet and high OBA papers, I get overall better results using the
UV-cut version. The resulting prints just match better my subjective
expectations.  (Photographic applications)
Linearizations on high OBA papers also works better with a UV-cut devices.
Especially in the higlight to midrange tone values.

On photographic papers, foils or canvas, it doesn't matter which one you
use as there is less or no brightening agent to be activated by the UV
content in the light source.

Just my experience. Others may have different opinions.

Daniel