[argyllcms] Re: Tuning ACR Calibrator script w/ ColorChecker and illuminant spectrum readings

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 03:41:45 +1100

Niccolò Belli wrote:
So I suggest to add two more parameters to spec2cie: --cat and --rgb
The first will do chromatic adaptation transform to the given
illuminant, the second will convert the chromatic adapted values to the
selected profile.

Hmm. I think this is well out of scope of spec2cie. You are after a
color space transformation, and this is not the purpose of spec2cie,
which deals only with measurement values. You can create a workflow
to convert CIE readings to a device space by using xicclu with
an ICC device profile. You can feed CIE color triplets into xicclu
as a batch.