[argyllcms] Re: The different color temperatures: questions

  • From: "Gerhard Fürnkranz" <nospam456@xxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2009 21:24:36 +0200

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Sat, 18 Apr 2009 17:38:56 +0200
> Von: Kurt Roeckx <kurt@xxxxxxxxx>
> An: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Betreff: [argyllcms] Re: The different color temperatures: questions

> > Which value of Contrast do you leave it at.
> > My XL20 came with Contrast set at 70.

As it was shipped? Or even after doing an explicit reset to factory defaults? [
In the OSD menu: Setup -> Color Reset ]

> Mine is set to 80, and I think I let it at the default value.

Mine is set 80 as well after Color Reset.

> > I'm not sure how you set the gamma, say using dispcal.

When dispcal is called with options to establish a calibration, it obviously
does not report a measured gamma, however "dispcal -r ..." does measure and
report a gamma value (at a coarse one, based on black, white and middle gray
measurements).

> > I did manage to profile my XL20 with an i1pro using
> > (approximately)
>
> There is also a control on the monitor to change the gamma
> setting.  It goes from -0.6 to +0.6 in steps of 0.2, 0 seems
> to give a gamma around 2.0.

That's consistent with my observation.

Regards,
Gerhard

--
Neu: GMX FreeDSL Komplettanschluss mit DSL 6.000 Flatrate + Telefonanschluss
für nur 17,95 Euro/mtl.!*