[argyllcms] Re: The Eye One! It works!

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 16:55:48 +1000

Lars Tore Gustavsen wrote:
On my linux box it beeps when I use printread in the start of each
row, not in the end. This was after I read about the beep and loaded
the pcspkr module
$ /sbin/modprobe pcspkr

That may explain my problems.

Another issue is that I often have to unplug the device after I have
read one target before I start on a new target, If not printread will
not recognize the usb path, but I guess this issue is related to the
,impossible for humans to understand, udev system on linux.

The rev D in particular has problems in closing the device under Linux.
It could be the Linux driver, or it could be something to do with the
USB controller in the device, or both since there are no such
problems under MSWindows or OS X. I had to introduce a special
"reset_not_close" flag to get the rev D to behave to some degree
on my particular Linux system. Perhaps it has the opposite effect on some
other Linux systems. See line 101 of i1pro.c for where this is turned on.
If you're building from source, you could try turning this off and
see if it changes anything.