[argyllcms] Re: Testing dispcal

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 10:27:53 +1100

Richard Hughes wrote:
> I'm having problems testing dispcal as it seems to use some kind of
> iterative algorithm to set the gamma curves, and also needs access to
> the device for each sample and bases the next request on this
> simulated value. This makes testing very hard.
>
> Is there a way to feed the ti3 file into dispcal and for a data file
> containing the VCGT data to pop out? I.e. a non-iterative version. It
> doesn't matter if we have to use 500 samples, it's just for a
> dedicated test VM.

Hi Richard,
        the simplest way of doing a test is to use the built in
fake display device/instrument. If you feed dispcal/dispread/etc.
a "-d fake" parameter, they will use the profile "fake.icm" if present,
or if not present, will use a built in fake RGB device response. So my
sanity check is something like:

    dispcal -v -m -d fake test

[This is not in the documentation, but there is a comment at the top
 of each tools source file, as well as a commented out usage line.]

Cheers,

Graeme.