[argyllcms] Re: Target Black problems with ColorMunki & NEC 3090

  • From: David Heinrich <dh003i@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2010 10:59:13 -0500

On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 11:23 PM, Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Since you're using a ColorMunki, you could try -V to see if it
> improves things a little (although it will be slower). This
> tends to help at the black end though, and you're maximum error
> is at white. Perhaps it's a little out of gamut ? (ie. try setting
> a brightness target of 225 and see if it helps.)

I tried -V shortly after you suggested, overnight. In the morning, it had an
error saying that it couldn't get a reading or something like that
(paraphrased).

Regarding making the LCD brighter yet, it is fairly bright right now,
brightness of 91.7%; although R = 250/255, G = 206/255, and B = 173/255, so
I suppose the monitor is closer to a brightness of 80.3%.

I remember reading in the guide about characterizing the monitor in its
absolutely native state. Is this beneficial?

However, wouldn't increasing brightness reduce its match to prints, as they
won't appear as bright?

Thank you.