[argyllcms] Re: Target Black problems with ColorMunki & NEC 3090

  • From: David Heinrich <dh003i@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2010 11:22:32 -0500

ahh, is this what you are talking about?

"Fully automated calibration - By making adjustments directly in the
display hardware, optimal settings are configured without any user
interaction. SpectraView II communicates with the display monitors
using Display Data Channel - Command Interface (DDC/CI) which is a
two-way communications link between the video graphics adapter and
display monitor using the normal video signal cable. No extra cables
are necessary. "

I didn't realize that this could be done. Sounds very nice. I'm not
sure why their software doesn't support ATI in Linux, I didn't really
think there was any difference for the purposes of calibration (for
argyll, does it matter whether Nvidia or ATI graphics cards are
used?). So there is that issue and the issue of them not supporting it
for individual users.

--
Social sciences can never use experience to verify their statements --
Ludwig von Mises