[argyllcms] Re: Targen options

  • From: Ben Goren <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2007 08:58:45 -0700
On 2007 Sep 1, at 7:06 PM, Graeme Gill wrote:

> Ben Goren wrote:
>
>> I intend  to play around with  this this weekend --  assuming I
>> can  get the  continuous  ink  flow system  for  my printer  to
>> actually work....
>
> OK, let's  say we have a  lut based RGB->PCS profile  that we've
> created called  device.icm. To create  the candidate  test point
> RGB values I'd use [. . . .]

Oh, wow. Just, wow!

It was a  little bit of work --  but not too bad --  and I've just
made a test print  with -- as far as my eyes  can tell -- actually
neutral greys.

I added patches at 1-step increments along the L axis, with -1, 0,
and +1 values for a and b. After removing all patches clipped at R
= G = B = 0, I had  about 900 near-neutral patches that I added to
a 1400-patch .ti1 file, for 2310 patches total.

You  really,  really do  want  to  add  the expected  XYZ  values;
otherwise, you'll get ``unexpected value'' notices on almost every
strip. That gets old pretty quickly.

Once again, thank you!

Cheers,

b&