[argyllcms] Targen -g parameter

  • From: "Alan Goldhammer" <agoldhammer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 12:11:10 -0400

I'm getting ready to do some serious profiles for the papers that I use on
my Epson 3880.  I have an i1 Pro arriving and will be using it instead of my
ColorMunki to create the new profiles (the CM did a very good job using
ArgyllCMS but I want to see if I can do better).  My question is the utility
of using the '-g' parameter in creating a set of gray patches.  I do all my
B&W printing using the Epson ABW print driver and have profiles for that
driver that Eric Chan has created by reading a step chart of B -> W
densities.  Is there value of including a set of gray steps when creating a
profile that will be used only for color printing on this printer?

Thanks for any advice on this.

Alan