[argyllcms] Re: Switchable graphics laptop loses display calibration settings (Windows 7)

  • From: Іван Циба <ivantsyba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 10:56:10 +0200

2012/1/31 Stefan Hegnauer <stefan.hegnauer@xxxxxx>

> What DOES work for me is to also disable both the igfx tray module
> (c:\windows\system32\igfxtray.exe) and the igfxpph Module
> (c:\windows\system32\igfxpph.dll) in addition to the persistence Module
> (c:\windows\system32\igfxpers.exe) using AutoRuns, which you can download
> from Microsoft. Note that the igfxpph module may exist in several locations
> (two in my case), and you have to disable all of them. Reboot after
> changing
> settings!

I should not only remove this files from startup, but also remove them from
disc?

2012/1/31 Nikolay Pokhilchenko <nikolay_po@xxxxxxx>

> May be it worth to write to the Intel support? It's obviously a miss of
> Intel driver porgrammers.

Driver for that laptop is written (packed together both AMD and Intel
graphics drivers) by HP, which provided bad support for end users (as for
me, support point me to local service center).

2012/1/31 Ridouan Agarad <ridouan@xxxxxxxxx>

> It may not be specifically a problem with the Intel chipset utility alone,
> it looks like it's a problem of interaction between multiple utilities.
>
> Anyway, after trying to remember what I did last time (1.5 year ago, so
> memory was a bit vague on the details earlier), this should do the trick
> (with or without intel chipset utility, YMMV) on Windows 7:
>
> 1. Make sure that Windows calibration loading is enabled:
> - Open control Panel | Color Management
> - Go to the last tab ("Advanced")  and click on "Change system defaults..."
> - Again go to the last tab ("Advanced")
> - Make sure the option "Use Windows display calibration" is enabled. Click
> OK and dismiss all dialogs.
> - Also make sure the proper profile is selected for your display on the
> first tab.
>
> 2. Modify scheduled task to fix issue with loading.
> - Open Control Panel | Task Scheduler
> - Navigate to 'Microsoft/Windows/WindowsColorSystem' in the tree on the
> left.
> - Right-click the task named 'Calibration Loader' and select 'Properties'
> - Go to the tab "Actions" and click the "New" button.
> - Create a new action with the following parameters:
>     Action: start a new program
>     Program/script: C:\argyll\bin\dispwin.exe                      (or
> wherever the argyll binaries are located on your machine)
>     Add arguments: -c
> - Click on "OK" and then use the arrow buttons to move the newly created
> action to the top. It MUST precede the 'Custom Handler' action!
> - Dismiss all dialogs and close task scheduler.
>
> As an aside, it looks like the issue is with Windows, if you perform a
> "Switch User" and log back in and then examine the calibration tables with
> e.g. "CalibrationTester.exe", you'll see that the tables are still loaded,
> even though the display is reset to uncalibrated state. So it might be some
> kind of optimization in the Windows calibration loader that if the values
> to be loaded are equal to the values already loaded the windows calibration
> loader simply exits without doing anything. By using dispwin -c it seems
> the loader is forced to process the calibration correctly. Hope this works
> for you!
>
> Kind regards,
> Ridouan.

Thanks, I'll try this later at home.