[argyllcms] Re: Support new Calibrator: LG ACB8300

  • From: Andreas Böhler <news@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2016 23:48:32 +0100

Thanks, Florian, for the quick reply.

On 04/01/16 22:19, Florian Höch wrote:

Am 04.01.2016 um 21:32 schrieb Andreas Böhler:
My problem is that the numbers don't seem right. I took some simple
measurements of *my screen* displaying RGB(255,0,0), (0,255,0),
(0,0,255) and (255,255,255) and got the following numbers:

(45.7,23.15,0.37)
(48.9,90.8,8.09)
(24.54,10.02,122.8)
(127.97,132.8,136.5)

Seems alright. Note that these seem to be absolute, so you have to
divide all values by the white Y to get relative XYZ. The primaries
plotted on a xy or u'v' chromaticity diagram indicate a Rec709-ish
gamut, which seems sane (although the particular display should also be
capable of a gamut nearing AdobeRGB, depending on settings).

If an instrument reports absolute XYZ values, Argyll is able to deal
with it, right? Within my .c source file, I have val->XYZ_v = 1;

I tried to calibrate my display with my new driver several times now,
but in the end dispcal always reports "targen: Error - Failed to re-seed
the veronoi after 100 tries - too many node insertion failures ?"

When adjusting the white point, blue is reported as being way too low,
green way too high.

I can, of course, provide my (very experimental) code.

Thanks,
Andreas