[argyllcms] Suggested colorimeter for argyll?

  • From: Jacob DeGlopper <jacob@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2016 16:03:29 -0500

I'm looking to buy a colorimeter or in general a supported monitor calibration device. My primary desktop is Linux, with some OS X in use on a laptop to support Lightroom. I'm interested in accurate color for printing photo books.

A quick scan of the last several months of the mailing list appears to suggest the X-Rite i1Display Pro, currently $200, or the perhaps identical hardware in the X-Rite ColorMunki at $169. How does the Datacolor Spyder 5 at $128 compare?

-- jacob