[argyllcms] Re: Success (sort of): using spyder3print with argyl

  • From: Kai-Uwe Behrmann <ku.b@xxxxxx>
  • To: ArgyllCMS <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 07:29:44 +0100 (MET)

Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2010 13:05:40 +0100
From: Klaus Karcher <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [argyllcms] Re: Success (sort of): using spyder3print with argyl

dmg wrote:
I tested the profile. It works, but on the Lab profile visualization
(ColorSync, in OS X) it looks like it is floating above the
intersection of the axes.

[...]The profile
created by Datacolor does not have this (nor the generic profile I
have been for this paper).

[...] is it normal to have profiles that look
like that?

Yes. There are several reasons:

* Colorsync Utility apparently uses the A2Bx tables to create the
visualisations

Strange, as users need to select first the table before the 3D view is visible. IMO the gamut should be typical absolute colorimetric renderd.

* when you use the Argyll gamut visualization tools (iccgamut, viewgam),
you can pick such things mor detailed to pieces than with Colorsync
Utility. Admittedly this is much less convenient than double-clicking a
profile in MacOS.

There are many double-click and look ICC profile viewers around.

kind regards
Kai-Uwe Behrmann
--
developing for colour management www.behrmann.name + www.oyranos.org