[argyllcms] Re: Subject: spotread -i --- stuck in illumination D50 (Chromatic Adaptation)

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2014 17:08:03 +1100

Peter Sommer wrote:

> When I try to make a spotread (ver. 1.7.0 Linux) measurement with a
> simulated illumination D65 (option -i D65) the result line still print
> D50. Are there other people encounter this problem or do I have a local
> system error???

You are confusing two different things. When you select D65 illuminant
for a reading from a spectrometer, then that is what will be used
in the spectral to XYZ conversion. The display shows XYZ and the
equivalent (ICC like) D50 L*a*b* as a convenience. It doesn't
attempt to track the selected illuminant.