[argyllcms] Re: Strugglin' with scanin'

  • From: Klaus Karcher <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 05 Feb 2010 00:38:50 +0100

Hening Bettermann wrote:

On 04.Feb.2010, at 23:38, Klaus Karcher wrote:

you asked for a diag tiff but did not supply a filename for it.

hm - I never did, trusting the manual: "The name of diagnostic raster can be specified as the last in the command line, or if not, will default to *diag.tif*."

You are right.

Also, what difference should the diag.tif make to colprof, it does not get to see it.

I'm just wondering how you manage to get six-digit Delta E's.

Colprof doesn't get to see the diag file, but maybe a mucked up ti3. bot on the other hand: even if you scanin the file upside down this won't explain six-digit Delta E's.

Did you try to quote the -D string? Did you try to avoid characters like "," and "+" in the filenames?

Can you send us your TI3 file?

The output of colprof is a file with a generic icon, upon double-click I see
hieroglyphs

I guess this is caused by the missing suffix (.icc / .icm) for the profile name you provided:

usage quote:
-O outputfile   Override the default output filename & _extension_

Klaus