[argyllcms] Re: Strange xicclu behaviour?

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 20:17:05 +1100

Fabrizio Levati wrote:
Because both the screenshot from old thread I mentioned
(http://digitalproof.info/argyll/black_gen/xicclu_-g_-fb_-ir_SC_paper_bas.pn
g) and the results I get from other softwares showed the same for the rel.
intent (PM_rel and CO_rel attached) and what I get from xicclu seems to
match the perceptual (PM_perc and CO_perc attached).

I'm pretty confident xicclu is doing what it should. Please note
that the graphs don't cover the same range though. The xicclu
graph range is from white point to black point (to help
in setting the black generation parameters), whereas the
other graphs you are showing, cover L* 100 to 0.

(It's unclear to me what intent the other graphs are for. None
 of the dialogs seem to show the intent chosen.)