[argyllcms] Strange Clipping in Print Profile (same place, different printers)

  • From: Derin Korman <derin.korman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2016 00:22:52 +0000

Hello All,
I've been trying to tweak some inkjet profiles on argyll with large gamut,
high dmax paper (on epson 11880) and I keep running into this problem on
this particular image. Same thing happened when I tried profiling an
entirely different printer with an entirely different patch set and paper.
Is it possible that there might be a bug in the algorithm somewhere that
bands/posterizes that particulat shade of red?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b1or0jiw5yukpug/Screenshot%202016-01-22%2002.20.12.png?dl=0
best,