[argyllcms] Re: SpyderCheckr24 .cht and .cie files?

  • From: Warren Toomey <w22@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 23:15:04 +1100

On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 08:39:58PM +1100, Warren Toomey wrote:

Hi all, I've just bought a SpyderCheck24 24-patch color calibration chart
to use with ArgyllCMS. There are no .cht or .cie files for this. Has
anybody created them already?

I have made some progress but if someone could cross-check my work that would
be wonderful. All the files are in http://minnie.tuhs.org/SpyderCheckr24/

I've started with a scan of the SypderCheck24 chart in SpyderCheckr24.tif
which is a 600x857 TIFF image. Using scanin -g, some hand tweaking and
with the SpyderChecker.cht as a reference, I have made a file called
SpyderCheckr24.cht. Does this look sensible?

Each sample box is 114 pixels square, with a 21 pixel gap between squares.
I've used the right-most XYZ expected values from the (48 square)
SpyderChecker.cht file, as the SpyderCheckr24 chart uses the right-most
24 colours.

Similarly, I've borrowed the SpyderChecker.cie file and borrowed the
right-most 24 XYZ values to form the basis of the SpyderCheckr24.cie file.

Can you let me know if things are OK or if they need fixing. I'd be
very happy for these files to be included into ArgyllCMS once we know
that they work.

Cheers, Warren