[argyllcms] Re: Spyder4: Difference in using argyllcms and original software

  • From: Florian Höch <lists+argyllcms@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2015 16:46:50 +0100

Hi,

Am 11.11.2015 um 15:49 schrieb Robert Hansen:

How long does it take to calibrate with a colorimeter? My i1pro takes
forever.

Depends on the colorimeter, the display, and the calibration settings.
The i1 DisplayPro takes around 15 minutes for a medium speed calibration
to gamma 2.2 on my LCD computer monitor (add roughly 10 minutes for
about 400 patches for the profiling measurements), and around 5 minutes
longer on my LCD TV due to the lower black level.
The Spyders are typically roughly four times slower. The i1 Pro is
relatively slow as well, especially the older revision A that I have.

Florian.