[argyllcms] Spyder2 not working in Fedora 14

  • From: Marek Matulka <marek.matulka@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2010 18:16:21 +0000

Hello,

I have just installed Fedora 14 and accidentally deleted profiles I have
created in Fedora 13, so tried to calibrate my monitor again.

that is what I get when trying to run dispcal as root:

# dispcal -v -qh -yl -t 6500 -g 2.2 mon_profil
XRandR 1.2 is faulty - falling back to older extensions
Setting up the instrument
dispcal: Error - new_disprd() failed with 'Instrument Access Failed (No PLD
Pattern - have you run spyd2en ?)'

there is a different error when trying to do that as an user:

$ dispcal -v -qh -yl -t 6500 -g 2.2 mon_profil
XRandR 1.2 is faulty - falling back to older extensions
Setting up the instrument
libusb couldn't open USB device /dev/bus/usb/006/003: Permission denied.
libusb requires write access to USB device nodes.
dispcal: Error - Opening USB port 'usb:/bus6/dev3/ (ColorVision Spyder2)'
config 1 failed (Access denied (insufficient permissions)) (Permissions ?)

I have spyd2PLD.bin in /usr/bin and it is working just fine on my laptop (I
am trying to calibrate monitor connected to my home desktop computer).

any one experienced similar problem?

I using Argyll 1.3.1 from the website rather then 1.1.0 from Fedora's
repository.

Many thanks in advance,
Marek

--