[argyllcms] Re: Spyder2 Questions

  • From: Stephen T <stwebvanuatu@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2011 06:12:19 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Bob,

I also have a Spyder2.

The Spyder 2 has a bluish plastic filter for LCD measurements (part of the
baffle). You will find your measurements are rubbish without it.

On the other hand, the filter/baffle should be removed for CRT measurements (I
used to have one but it blew up last year).

Another thing: you can pry open the baffle to clean the filter if it's dirty
(e.g. dust or mould).

And, the Spyder 2 does not support ambient light measurements.

Stephen.