[argyllcms] Re: Specifying an algorithm type override for display profiles

  • From: Richard Hughes <hughsient@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2013 11:12:28 +0000

On 1 February 2013 14:07, Gerhard Fuernkranz <nospam456@xxxxxx> wrote:
> If the display is calibrated, then I'd also tend to use -aS or -aG.

Maybe a really stupid question, but why don't we just use a LUT for
displays? My gut instinct is that the profiles would be larger (and
thus take more processing power to use), and that the RGB display
would match really well to a matrix. Except when is doesn't, and the
user has to specify a LUT type for a screen that doesn't work well
with a -aS profile.

Richard