[argyllcms] Re: Sony Artisan puck

  • From: Marwan Daar <marwan.daar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 03 Aug 2014 17:55:36 -0400

Ok finally have the relevant information, thanks for your patience!

He tried installing the argyll driver (by manually pointing to the argyll directory and choosing the ArgyllCMS.inf file (which I gather will automatically install the libusb0-win32 driver?).

This is the error he got:

"The specified location does not contain information about your hardware."

Here's the VID/PID info, which was listed under Device Instance ID

USB\VID_054C&PID_00E3\5&8C93365&0&2

Marwan
Marwan Daar wrote:

usb_get_paths opening device '\\.\libusb0-0016'
icoms_get_paths: got 0 paths, looking up the registry for serial ports
icoms_get_paths: There don't appear to be any FTDI serial ports
icoms_get_paths: There don't appear to be any serial ports
spotread: Error - No instrument at port 1
Hi,
        well that would seem to indicate that it doesn't have
a recognized VID & PID (assuming of course, that the libusb0-win32
system driver has been installed).

You should be able to discover the VID & PID using Device Manager,
using properties->details, and looking through the Id's.

Tell me what they are, and I'll tell you whether it should be
getting further than the above error indicates.