[argyllcms] Something is wrong

  • From: Yves Gauvreau <gauvreau-yves@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2019 04:15:28 -0500

I use a couple of programs to view the gamut of a profile and I made my first one using Argyll tools and it showed a smooth surface, very nice. I tried to make another one and now the profile is most likely useless, the gamut is not smooth as most I've seen, I have remeasured the patch just in case but same results.

I guess the problem is with the target print themselves but is there a way to verify before wasting a few sheets?

Also I see what seems to be relatively large errors is this normal? What should I expect?

These are the values I get from my last attempt.

"Profile check complete, peak err = 24.124852, avg err = 4.267474, RMS = 5.726972"

Thanks,

Yves