[argyllcms] Re: Some clarification about profile generation and verification

  • From: "andrea@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <andrea@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 13:05:09 +0200

And yes, may be it looks correct for you. It's your choice... until you want
to write a review about a display...
May be you will publish erroneous measures and you will judge the test
specimen based on your erroneous measures. So, I feel it is very dangerous!
(If you care about the quality of your reviews and your integrity, I would
suggest you to check your results with a spectrophotometer before you would
publish that review. Or at least make a note about this possible issue.)

Thanks Janos for your important note.

I bought the Spyder3Pro because Datacolor says it's compatible with wide gamut displays. I repeat, I'm not sure if

I profiled with in-bundle software and I expect results are correct, I guess inside obvious limits of a cheap colorimeter. Argyll results are similar, better looking to the numbers.

I'm an amateur and not a pro, I don't have any heavy color constrain, so I think this is acceptable.

The article could be affected by this issue, sure I write a note about it (thanks a lot!), but in any case I think could be a good starting point, even if you use a better colorimeter or a spectrophotometer.

I hope I will have the chance to test with another instrument.

--
Andrea Olivotto
http://www.andreaolivotto.com