[argyllcms] Re: Some clarification about profile generation and verification

  • From: "andrea@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <andrea@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 10:34:37 +0200

1) Can I make more then one profile from the same ti3 file, for
example one matrix, one cLUT/LAB, one cLUT/XYZ? Are all them valid?
Will them have the same calibration data to be load in LUT?

I did some tests: I confirm that all three profiles have inside the same
calibration data.

3) I verify the default profile using a smaller target (320 patches),
randomly placed ad with 32 patches on the L axis. I make the measures
using dispread. Can I use these measure to verify all profiles
(matrix, cLUT/LAB, cLUT/XYZ) calling 3 time the profcheck command,
without making three sets of measures? should I reload LUT table
using dispwin?

I checked the 3 profiles with the second set of measures (smaller target, 320 patches):

shaper/matrix: max 3.6dE, avg 0.6dE
cLUT-LAB: max 2.4dE, avg 0.5dE
cLUT-XYZ: max 2.2dE, avg 0.5dE

No bad.