[argyllcms] Some clarification about profile generation and verification

  • From: "andrea@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <andrea@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 16:02:51 +0200

Hello everyone,

First of all, many many thanks to Graeme Gill for this fabulous toy. Release 1.2.1 works very well, even on Win7 64bits.

I'm going to write an article in Italian on monitor calibration (HP LP2475w) with Spyder3 and Argyll.

I need some clarification.

I do calibration (dispcal) and then the characterization (dispread) with a big target (836 patches, made using targen).
I make the profile using colprof.

1) Can I make more then one profile from the same ti3 file, for example one matrix, one cLUT/LAB, one cLUT/XYZ? Are all them valid? Will them have the same calibration data to be load in LUT?

2) I set on profile as default with dispwin -I and I load it with dispwin -L. The last command just load the LUT with calibration data, or do something else?

3) I verify the default profile using a smaller target (320 patches), randomly placed ad with 32 patches on the L axis. I make the measures using dispread. Can I use these measure to verify all profiles (matrix, cLUT/LAB, cLUT/XYZ) calling 3 time the profcheck command, without making three sets of measures? should I reload LUT table using dispwin?

Thanks all!

--
Andrea Olivotto
http://www.andreaolivotto.com