[argyllcms] Re: Solved: Re: Re: newbie problems with make, usb

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 11:36:39 +1000

david wrote:

Is this udev rule an Ubuntu thing, or a kernel thing? Maybe the
installation instructions could be updated?

I think it's both. The trouble I have is that while this works for you,
it could be because the particular distro you are using
already has udev rules to create the /dev/bus/usb/<bus>/<port>
devices for libusb, as well as the plugdev group, while other
systems do not, so your udev rules won't work universally.

Not having a test system for all the different Linux distro's that
have ever been released, nor the time to test them all, it's hard
to figure out what to recommend !