[argyllcms] Re: Soft-proofing in Photoshop with Argyll - correction to my last post!

  • From: Roger Breton <graxx@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2014 12:15:04 -0400

Hi Robert,

One quick question, about your success with the Solux lamp.

I have been a faithful user of the 4700K lamp for years.

But I have never achieve a uniform beam?

In my humble experience, the lamp has to be placed quite a distance from the
viewing area to form a reasonably wide uniform lighting area, something like
one meter is not far-fetched. As you know, the fall-off is very rapid,
quickly shift down to 3000K in a span for a few inches from the center beam.
And the new generation of "coated" inside bulb has not alleviate the problem
of beam uniformity for me.

BTW, thank you for the detailed account of your information. Makes tracing
your logic a breeze.

Best / Roger Breton