[argyllcms] Re: Shadow detail problem

  • From: Leonard Evens <len@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2008 12:26:36 -0600

On Fri, 2008-02-01 at 15:53 +0100, Frédéric wrote:
> Le 1/2/2008, "Graeme Gill" <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit:
>
> >One approach might be to use some sort of CMM link time
> >grey axis gamut mapping, such as "black point compensation".
> >(does lcms and Gimp provide this as an option for the
> >screen rendering ?)
>
> lcms supports this feature, but Gimp does not use it.

How do you find out just what gimp is doing?  There is essentially no
documentation yet about color management, and all the questions I've
posted to gimp forums have produced either no response or one that was
non-responsive, with one exception.  I've made a few attempts to delve
into the code, but I didn't get very far with that.

Is there some documentation/discussion I've missed, or did you just
discover such things by trial and error?