[argyllcms] Re: Settings to optimize sRGB monitor calibration for neutral greys?

  • From: János, Tóth F. <janos666@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2013 22:24:24 +0200

Did you check if your Contrast setting (in the OSD) is right?
My experience is that it's often required to tune it down by the smallest
possible amount (for example, reduce it from 75/100 to 74/100 or so, may be
more) for many displays before you start to tune you white point in the OSD.
I usually use the "EIZO monitor test" to check if a 254-254-254 colored
rectangle is visibile and has the same white color as the 255-255-255
background and I also take a look at the gray gradient pattern with
different tone resolutions.