[argyllcms] Screensave problem again?

  • From: Leonard Evens <len@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 12:36:33 -0600

I am very puzzled about what is going on.  I am running Fedora Core 7
using the Gnome Desktop. My display is a Samsung 226CW laptop. I've kept
up to date with updates. I load my display profile vgct ga using xcalib.
Colors don't really change but there is a small but obvious change in
apparent gamma.

When I fist started doing this, I had to reload the profile whenever the
screen came back from the screensaver.   Then it stopped happening, but
now it has started to do the same thing.  I've looked at all the recent
updates, and I can't see what could be affecting this.  The screensaver
itself hasn't changed as far as I can tell.

It is a minor annoyance, but if I could figure out why it keeps
changing, it is possible I could control what happens.  If anyone has
any ideas, I would appreciate them.