[argyllcms] Scanner Profiles and Saturation of Shadow Tones

  • From: Derin Korman <derin.korman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 10:48:53 +0200

I have been trying to profile a drum scanner and while I've had the best
tonal separation using Argyll, particularly the shadow tones, they get
really saturated when you bring them up in a 16bit scan that is
particularly overexposed or vignetted. I scan using no adjustments but a
2.2 gamma curve.

Are there any tips to profiling for this? I get the most consistent results
using Shaper/XYZ so far.

*~d*