[argyllcms] Re: Scanin Problem using -F option

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 12:47:10 +1000

Asman, Andrew J wrote:

I went ahead and attached two diagnostic images. I had to compress them quite a
bit to fit
the attachment size requirement.

You can mail them to me directly, or put them some place they can be fetched
(ftp or web site for instance), to avoid clogging the mailing list.

1. diag_auto.jpg is the diagnostic image that is created
when I allow argyll to automatically recognize the orientation of the target.
The ti3 file
that was created when I ran the scanin command to create this diagnostic image
works fine
and generates a working icc profile through the profile command. 2.
diag_manual_fids.jpg is
the diagnostic image that is created when I used the -F option with the scanin
command.
Obviously, this does not produce a working profile. However, it seems to have
found the
target patch locations correctly.

The diagnostics hint at the problem. The automatic one has scan areas (the
colored
areas with the cross in the box), the manual one does not. I'm not sure what
would
cause that though (a bad box shrink value ?).

Without the scanned file to play with so I can reproduce the problem, It's
difficult
to say any more.