[argyllcms] Scaling of XYZ reference data for camera input profile

  • From: Stephen T <stwebvanuatu@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Argyll CMS <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 07:27:58 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

I have an idea to improve highlights for a camera input profile: can I scale
XYZ data linearly to match an increase in exposure?

For example, +1 EV of exposure compensation = 2 x linear device RGB. Will XYZ
also increase by the same factor of two?

In practice, I can shoot my target at both the correct exposure and 1/3 stop
above. Then I can merge results from the two exposures into one .ti3 file.
Maybe I would just merge the lighter tones. I could calculate the theoretical
XYZ for the higher exposure in a spreadsheet.

Stephen.