[argyllcms] Re: -S command in Colprof for printer profiles

  • From: "Alan Goldhammer" <agoldhammer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 17:02:16 -0400

The initial profiles that I prepared were using -SAdobeRGB1998 and they were
quite good.  The printer (Epson 3880) is wider in some regions than AdobeRGB
and the worry is that I might lose some of those colors by using this.  I'll
need to go back and check the gamuts again and of course it's easy enough to
do two profiles, one with AdobeRGB and the other with ProPhoto and compare
them.  The reason for the question is that I'm not really a color scientist
(though I am a chemist by training) and it's a learning curve on all of
this.  I just want a decent profile so that I can soft proof reliably in
Photoshop.  For some papers the response is so good that seldom are any
colors really out of gamut by a lot and I don't worry too much about gamut
mapping.

Alan