[argyllcms] -S command in Colprof for printer profiles

  • From: "Alan Goldhammer" <agoldhammer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 13:32:08 -0400

It's likely that I'm a little dense on this but I've read Graeme's
documentation over multiple times regarding the use of this command and
gamut mapping.  I want to make a profile for my printer and I've printed
patch targets and read them.  How do I handle '-S' when I'm ready to run
Colprof?  We don't know what the gamut behavior of the printer is at this
point only from research that it's broader than AdobeRGB1998 and smaller
than ProPhoto.  ProPhoto is the default color space for Adobe Lightroom and
the recommended color space for Photoshop because of the larger gamut than
AdobeRGB1998.  Does this mean that I should use '-SProPhoto.icc' in my
command line or use '-nS'.  It's not clear to me and assistance would be
appreciated.

Alan